Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Back to school...

First day of school is probably my favorite day on facebook. I love seeing all these cuties getting on the bus and seeing how much some kids have grown. School was tough for me I was going through so much flip flopping on my Christ walk. I was bullied constantly in high school and it was so hard not having that family of Christians surrounding me. If I could tell any future students anything it would be don't give up. First try hard in school make it a priority, your future you will thank you. Don't worry about the bullies ground what Christ says you are....and as for your "enemies" almost 6 years later I'm friends with almost everyone of them. You know what I learned about everyone of them they where either jealous, going through some pretty difficult things or we where so much alike we kept butting heads. So don't let their rude comments get to you. Remember they may have not been taught any different, you don't know what they are going through and you could be the only positive influence in their life. Next find a church that loves on you but also keeps you grounded in the word and keeps you accountable. You probably have your hype up about sharing the word right now but that first time you get shut down or laughed at it will be hard to keep sharing but DONT stop. I once heard a story of a student who went to school with a kid who was constantly bullied he was his friend but only in secret because he was ashamed. The kid who was bullied one day took his life and his Christian friend had to live with thought of what could I done to prevent this and did he know Christ EVERY DAY.I was friends with EVERYONE in high school and that's one thing im thankful I did so don't be clicky aint nobody got time for that. I'm going to be honest my first priority  in school was getting boys attention whether it was dressing immodestly, smoking, drinking whatever it took to get their attention.....o yes while going to church. I was the queen of putting my church robe on and then taking it off Monday - Friday. Why? because of the kids I surrounded myself with. Yes you can have unbelievers as friends I have ton butttttt its important to ground your relationships with people who are going to encourage your walk with Christ. 2nd get a mentor have coffee or breakfast with them once a week. We may be "old" but its really helpful.



No comments:

Post a Comment